Join herbalist Holly Bellebuono for this fd in deepening a connection with plants and the natural world--this week-long immersion is packed with herbal medicine know-how.
Over the course of this inspiring and practical week, we'll:
* learn to identify, harvest, prepare and use a huge variety of both wild and cultivated plants from field, forest, seashore and farm;
* create tasty and useful herbal remedies in the kitchen--including honeys, vinegars, tinctures, teas/infusions, tonics, bitters, oils, salves, and more
* discover the wisdom of using water-based extracts (infusions and decoctions) for long-term health and prevention;
* learn to use herbs in foods such as yogurts and enjoy delicious and nutritious wild salads;
* explore aromatherapy and essential oils
* learn about herbs based on body systems, including in-depth study of the Digestive System, Women's Health, Hormones and Endocrine System, the Cardiovascular System, the Skin, the Respiratory System, and the Immune System--and how herbs work within each of these systems to create wellness
* explore herbal first aid for use with adults and children
* taste and sample both fresh plants and prepared remedies
* study with herbalist ands
* study with herbalist and author Holly Bellebuono with select teachers from the region who come together to provide a memorable and useful introduction to herbal medicine
* explore the island during free time--enjoy woodland walks and sunny beaches!
Dates: Monday July 28, 10-3 -- Friday August 1, 10-2, some evening activities
FAQ: Can you sign up for just one or two days instead of the whole week?
Answer: Yes! This is one of the few immersions offered in 2014 in which you can sign up for individual days. Please indicate your day/class of choice when registering. Day rate = $125
Tuition: $625, includes all materials and ingredients. Please bring a potluck dish to share for lunches. Lodging not included.
Early Bird Registration: $575 if paid by March 1